Thursday, December 4, 2014

Songs I'm Loving Lately: Christmas Edition!

Are you sick of Christmas songs yet? BETTER NOT BE! The madness has just begun. I love Christmas songs, but I also try not to overload on them because I don't want to get sick of all the songs before Christmas is actually here. In the past I've gone on some pretty crazy Christmas music frenzies and was burned out before December 1st (oops...) Over the past 22 Christmas' I've experienced, these have become my favorite Christmas songs. Of course I have other favorites, but I thought I'd share my top 5 with the rest of you! Enjoy :)

1. Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
I only like the original version of this song. It's a classic. Also, they came out with a new one this year and for the first time changed the lyrics (even my favorite Bono part...) and I'm just really not digging it. I think they also overdid it with the amount of artists singing it and there are parts where I just don't understand a word those people are singing. But, alas, we will always have the 80s original version.

2. Please Come Home For Christmas - The Eagles
Ugh, yes. A christmas song by a classic rock band. What can be better?

3. All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey
Anytime this song comes on, my soul dances a little bit. It's the only song on this list that actually debuted when I was alive, so there's that. And of course, it's just a really fun Christmas song and one that I can relate to pretty much every year...

4. The Chipmunk Song - David Seville
I had trouble finding a YouTube version of this song that was the actual original version from the 50s. The other ones seem too auto-tune or just not right to me. I grew up listening to the original version so any other won't do. My favorite part of this song is when Theodore sings "I still want a hula hoop." I make sure to make my voice as embarrassingly high and squeaky as possible.

5. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
The mother of all Christmas songs. Dare I say the most beautiful of all Christmas songs? It's a classic and always will be. If I had to pick one song to define Christmas, it would be this one.

4 comments

  1. I grew up with the Chipmunks Christmas album ... as silly as it is, it brings back great childhood memories. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic choices! I love the Eagles' Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I first heard it in Look Who's Talking 2! I love Chipmunk songs :) even the girl ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I can't express how much I love the Eagles' Christmas song! haha

    ReplyDelete