Monday, July 13, 2015

Life Lately: Summer Break

Ah... life lately. This past month or so has sent me on quite the roller coaster ride. So much has changed, so much has happened (and yet, a lot of things are still the same, too). I've been wanting to/trying to get back into the blogging game for the longest time now and you would be shocked to see how full my notebooks are with blog post ideas. Despite my lack of being here, my mind is still whirring with ideas every single day! I know eventually I will get to them, but I've kind of been taking a vacation for myself. I left the job I had been at since January about three weeks ago, for various reasons, but I can honestly say it was the best decision I've made in awhile. I've always been a firm believer that if something is not making you happy, or if you find yourself in a toxic environment, it's time to move on as soon as possible.

I've been taking the time I have off to kind of reassess and evaluate my life currently - more or less figure out what my next move is. I have a few solid ideas for my future, but I need to get my mind sorted out first. Which is why I'm allowing myself to have a summer break, just like I used to back when I was in school. I'm not necessarily taking the entire summer off (because you know: adult life, real world, bills, blah blah blah). I do think I need this break, though, and sometimes you just need to do what is best for your own sanity.

There's so much I want to write about and so much I want to share with everyone. I'm itching to get some advice and wisdom out to the world! I know I'll get there soon, though. We live in such a world that it seems "breaks" are frowned upon, or we just don't have the time or means to do so, and I think that is so very unfortunate. I feel people would be a lot happier and more relaxed if we were able to take these mental breaks from life. So do me a favor: even if you don't necessarily have the time to take a summer break like I am, take SOME kind of break - some YOU time. Spend the weekend camping. Go to the beach (a quiet one). Go be in nature. Enjoy the season. Take a moment to take some deep breaths and just think. No pressure thinking. Just let your thoughts flow. Don't stress or worry about anything. You deserve that more than you may think.

P.S. Go do a cartwheel even if you suck at it ;)


Until next time!
xo, Val

No comments

Post a Comment