Thursday, April 9, 2015

Jamberry Nail Review: Marsala Chevron

I've been wanting to try out Jamberry nails for awhile now since I've been seeing them everywhere! Thanks to Kim who sent me a free sample to test out, I finally got to see what all the hype was about :) Here's my review on Jamberry nail wraps!


First of all, I love that there are so many design choices. You can play mix and match with different nail wraps or even do just one nail and paint the rest a regular nail polish color. I think these are particularly fun to do in the Spring or Summer with a cute floral design pattern or something funky to match the season. I also immediately thought of all the girls I've babysat before and how much they would love this.

The application itself is rather easy. All you need are your wraps, a file, pair of scissors and a blow dryer (or some other kind of heating device). The wraps come in various widths to accommodate for different nail sizes (and also maybe if you screw up one nail you still have other options, haha). For each nail wrap, I heated it up with my blow dryer for no more than 5 seconds (basically until it got flexible). Then I carefully pressed it onto my nail. It'll look something like this: 


Obviously at this point you'll need your scissors! I recommend cutting as far down as you can, because the rest you will have to file down. Once you've cut and filed, you apply some more heat to your nail (again, just a few seconds should suffice) and press down again to secure the wrap.

I think in total, it took me about 10-15 minutes to do the whole set. After your first couple you get the hang of it and it goes by quickly. The best part about it was not having to worry about touching stuff once I was done, because I'm notorious for always ruining my manicures within five minutes.

Check out all the different designs they have and if you're interested in watching how the whole process is done check out this video.

P.S. I love that on their site they show real photos of people who have posted their nails on Instagram for each design so you can check out what it looks like once it's on someone's hand! 

Have you ever gotten Jamberry nails? Send me links so I can see!

No comments

Post a Comment