Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day Snapshots

vdays9

Since I've been single for the majority of Valentine's Days throughout my life, I really don't find it a big deal anymore. Sometimes I do get annoyed with all the hype this made up holiday gets, but it gives me an excuse to stuff my face with chocolate and sweets, so whatever! This V day I made plans with a close friend to get dinner and catch a movie.

vday1

We headed over to Don Jose, a favorite Mexican restaurant of ours. The food is great and reasonably priced, and it's BYOB - which is great for poor post-grads like ourselves.

vday2

Usually I get the cheese enchiladas, which I LOVE. Their cheese and special sauce is to die for. This time I opted to try something a bit different, so I got their vegetable burritos. I liked the dish as well but felt it was lacking something. The vegetables were a mix of broccoli and cauliflower, but I would have preferred something more like roasted peppers and onions. Most of their dishes come with their homemade beans which are also delicious.

vday3

My friend got their plate of nachos, which I believe are listed under their appetizer menu. This dish is great as an appetizer, but I'd definitely get something with more flavor and pizazz as your main dish.

Endless Love Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde 

After dinner we headed over to the movie theater to see Endless Love. If you love cheesy romantic movies, you will love this. I am a hopeless romantic so of course I very much enjoyed this movie. The acting was good enough for the type of movie it is and there were some subplots that focused on more than just the love between the two main characters. The soundtrack was also great (I'm a firm believer that the music used in a movie can make or break it.)

vday4

vday6

After the movie we visited some friends who have two adorable pitbull mixes and I got PLENTY of doggie loving and kisses and even a few ear nibbles. So I got some action on Valentine's Day.

vday8

Eggplant Pizza Recipe

Overall, it was a good Valentine's Day. I woke up this morning to my baby girl Leyla snuggling on top of me. Sometimes nothing beats animal love.

No comments

Post a Comment