Sunday, February 9, 2014

Positivity is Key!

These past few months have been particularly difficult for me. The combination of moving back home, not being able to find a job I enjoy, not being sure which direction my life is headed in, and all of the changes that have occurred since graduating college have left me feeling pretty blue. While I know this is normal and I have a few friends who are also experiencing similar situations, it hasn't been easy to deal with. Often time I can't help but feel alone in my struggles, which is one of the reasons I started this blog, in hopes that I can reach out to anyone feeling the same way.

life6

However, I've recently begun to change my perspective and put an emphasis on positive thoughts. Many days I find myself still feeling down in the dumps, but I keep reminding myself that it's going to get better because I believe it will. There is power in belief, but you have to truly mean it.

Anyway, my point in these ramblings is that I recently landed a job that I have a good feeling about and I'm so excited! I'm also really scared and nervous, but that's inevitable with my kind of personality. I'm staying positive. And that's one of the reasons I think I was finally able to get a job, and a good one at that. For months my mind was clouded by negative thoughts. Even if I had high hopes there was always that nagging little voice reminding me what the worst that could happen was. And I kept letting her win. I tried my best to fight it off and change my way of thinking, but certain events kept throwing me back down and each time it got more difficult to pick myself back up. We do not have control over what happens in our life, but there is some truth behind the power of positive thinking. If anything, it determines how you handle the bad shit that happens to you, and that can make a world of difference.

life3
I'm not sure what happened that made me change my perspective on everything and truly believe that good things would happen, but I'm glad I did. I still get that nagging voice in my head (more often than I'd like) but it's a battle that I'm going to keep fighting.

No comments

Post a Comment