Monday, March 31, 2014

Music Spotlight: Jasmine Thompson

Jasmine Thompson, emerging artist
MS1

I was listening to the Norah Jones playlist on Pandora when this song came on that I recognized as a cover of Regina Spektor's "Infidelity." At first I thought it was someone like Ellie Goulding or maybe even Lorde, but when I finally looked at who the artist was I realized I didn't recognize her name. Her cover was beautiful, I like it even more than the original. I looked into her some more and discovered she's only THIRTEEN years old! With such an amazing voice. So far she's only done covers, but there's not doubt in my mind if this girl continues down this path she will be a huge success in no time. Check out her cover of "Infidelity" below! Visit her Facebook page for some more info on her and her last.fm page to check out more covers she's done.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cssr9qe_FSM]

3 comments

  1. Hi Val! I just came across your blog from over at Whispering Sweet Nothings & had to say hello.

    (Jasmine Thompson is one of my newest faves too!)

    XO,
    Emily from www.embergrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

    Following you on bloglovin & Instagram now! Will check out some of your posts once I get the chance.

    -Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to check this out. I love hearing new music! xx, Elizabeth

    www.octoberjune.com

    ReplyDelete