Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lipstick Review: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede

Lately, I've been wanting to get more in touch with my feminine side. Since I work as a nanny, I typically don't "dress up" for work. Also, since it's summer I tend to dress more casual and don't wear make-up (because let's be real, it would melt off my face by the end of the day). I'm usually not big on make-up, especially lipstick. I rarely wear lipstick. But for whatever reason, I want to start feeling more like a "lady" thus I went ahead and bought myself two new lipsticks on my last Target trip. I liked them so much that I now want to share my review with you guys.

First off, don't get me wrong here. I do own lipstick. Quite a few actually. I own a significant amount of make-up for a girl who doesn't really wear any! I may not be a make-up "expert" but I've tried enough brands, colors, etc. to know what's good and what's not. So with that being said, this isn't some kind of newbie review ;)

The Lipstick: Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede
in "Finale" and "Muse" Shades

I picked out these two colors because they're some of the shades that I'm missing from my current collection. I usually stick to more neutral or subtle colors, but I really wanted to find some colors that "popped." I chose this brand simply because it advertised the fact that it "stays" on longer than your average lipstick. That's always an issue with me! I don't know what on earth I'm doing with my lips but when I wear lipstick it pretty much comes off within the hour.

"Finale"


"Muse"

Reasons I love this lipstick:

  • Although I bought two vibrant shades, the color is subtle enough for my liking. The more you apply, the darker it gets. I like that I can choose how bright my lipstick is. Although that does mean you usually have to apply a couple times over to get it all evened out.
  • It feels "soft" on your lips. Sometimes lipsticks just feel weird on my lips. That's one of the reasons I usually stay away. But with this brand, I could barely tell I'm even wearing lipstick. I guess that's the "ultimate suede" part of it.
  • I didn't break the bank purchasing these. I'm not a fan on spending big bucks on make-up (although I have... many times). These were less than $9 each and can be found at pretty much any drugstore. 

Hope you enjoyed my first lipstick review! (am I doing this right?) :)


4 comments

  1. You have such great pics on your blog. Love it! Stopping by from SITS. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your blog once I get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's interesting that you really liked this one, because I actually just wrote a beauty post (haven't posted it yet) about why I didn't like it. My main complaint was that it didn't seem to stay on long, except for on the edges, where it was all sticky and weird, like I had some weird coral goopy lip liner! Did you have the same problem? Maybe I need to stop using my lips less or something (it's probably the fact I'm always talking...oops).



    xoxo,
    Taylor
    http://tayloryates.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had issues with the edges for the red shade! That's why I had to apply several coats. What shades did you use? Maybe it has something to do with the color?

    ReplyDelete