Friday, August 29, 2014

Five Habits I Want to Kick!




1. Drinking too much coffee. I've been relying on coffee like crazy the past few weeks. Due to a lack of sleep, no exercise routine and just overall unhealthiness, I've found myself needing coffee multiple times a day just to get through it. It's not only wacking up my sleep schedule even more than it already is, but it's giving me headaches! Is this what caffeine withdrawal is like?! I'll admit, I'm known for my love of Dunkin Donuts and their iced coffees. I've had phases where I'd get two a day. But I've never really felt like I relied on it. Now I'm actually starting to feel what a caffeine addiction is really like and boy does it suck. I'm going to start to slowly ween myself off coffee. Hopefully I can stick to at least just drinking one cup a day for now.

2. Crazy eating schedule. I find myself never hungry for breakfast, rarely eating a meal throughout the day, and then come night fall I'm eating too much. Part of the issue is not being able to sleep on a normal schedule and staying up late. It's awful for my eating schedule because I start getting hungry again after dinner and find myself needing a "2nd dinner." I've always been a strong advocate for never skipping breakfast, but lately I just don't have an appetite at that time! Not sure how I'll adjust this bad habit... but I think once I sort out some other bad habits this one will sort itself out.

3. Not exercising. It's not that I'm not active, but I've certainly fallen off the bandwagon when it comes to proper exercise. I used to run frequently. I was really into yoga for awhile. For the past few months I haven't been doing any of that. Which sucks, because I found it very beneficial. Now, whenever I think about going for a run or doing some yoga moves, I cringe. I want to get back into a good fitness routine. It's going to take a lot of effort and determination on my part, though. 


4. Eating out too often. Not only is this bad health-wise, but it's also bad for my wallet. I don't have as much time as I'd like to be making my own healthy dinners, and sometimes I just want to go out to eat with my friends and catch up. But I definitely need to cut back a bit. My goal is to keep it to once or twice a week of going out to eat with friends. I'm also going to eliminate any sort of take-out from my diet. 


5. Messiness and disorganization. When I want to be organized I'm borderline crazy about it. But when I want to be lazy... I go all out. Not just that, but I've let my already small room accumulate so much crap (mostly clothes upon clothes) that I just need to reorganize and also clear out some of it. Having a clean and organized room will definitely help me feel more at ease and clear my mind a bit as well. This, like most things, is a work in progress. I'm slowly (but trying to make it a faster process) cleaning up my room and reorganizing things. I'd also like to start being more organized about my blog. If you're a blogger you know how hard that can be. It's not just a matter of scheduling posts in advance, but also dealing with all things social media related, etc, etc. 

I've been working on kicking these bad habits to the curb for a few days now, so hopefully I will see some good results soon! As you can tell, a lot of my bad habits have to do with my health. It's super, super important to take care of yourself if you want to lead any type of happy lifestyle. I've been treating myself badly lately. Getting back on a healthy path is my number one priority right now.


What habit do you want to kick? What are you doing to change?

3 comments

  1. I definitely get the needing to exercise thing - I've been telling myself for a while that I need to at least start doing yoga or pilates or something, which is at least a nice change from just not giving a shit. But I really do need to get more active, especially now that I have a desk job instead of waitressing. And I also have that same problem with eating out too often - it goes hand in hand with my budgeting problem. Now that I don't waitress anymore and I rely on a twice-a-month paycheck, it's important that I start planning out how I spend, but I can't get myself to do it! So that's definitely something I need to work on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, waitressing is an exercise all of it's own. I know a lot of people who lose weight once they start waitressing! I think the only reason I haven't been gaining much weight is because I work as a nanny so there's plenty of running around and picking things up (kids included) so that's kept me somewhat active haha! I'm ready to get back into healthy habits though - it really makes a huge difference in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all of these habits and I want to kick them as well! I've gotten better at budgeting all areas of my life except always eating out! Augh!

    ReplyDelete