Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Five Blogs Every Millennial Woman Should Read

Naturally, as a blogger, I follow and read other blogs (TONS of other blogs). Sometimes it's actually too much to keep up with. There are several blogs, though, that I find really useful and relevant for where I'm at in life right now. I feel that these blogs are perfect for the millennial target audience, and more particularly for millennial women. Below I share the five blogs I believe every millennial woman should read (or at least check out!) and a brief summary of why I chose them.


This is one of my newest finds on this list and becoming one of my favorites because it really fits with who I am right now and where I'm at as a millennial woman. Most of it is work related tips, but a young professional twenty-something is sure to find these articles useful. I've also seen some posts that are similar to what I write about and not being quite sure what direction to take when it comes to your career.


This was one of the first sites I discovered when I was about to graduate college and a lot of their articles helped ease my anxiety about entering the work force! Of course, it took me 1.5 years to actually finally enter that said work force, but this site still has plenty of great tips and advice for the professional millennial woman.


I love this site because of their career profiles. They interview woman of all ages and career fields and it has given me SO much inspiration to be successful and follow my dreams. It's also a great way of realizing that not everyone comes from the same background or beginnings, but we all have the ability to really be successful and happy if we just put our mind to it and continue to work towards it. As you can see from the menu, there are tons of other topics they post about, too!


Of course a blog named "GenTwenty" would be part of this list! Most millennials are in their twenties and most of us face similar issues. GenTwenty is similar to Thought Catalog, but definitely has a more serious side (which I prefer). They also have a similar message and motivation behind their site to In-Between Life. Being a millennial is hard and GenTwenty finds ways to help you feel less alone and more connected with other people your age.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit iffy with Thought Catalog. Since a lot of it is based on submissions,  I don't always agree with some of the posts and I also find some of them silly and ridiculous (example shown above: 10 things you can do to make any ex jealous). What I do like about Thought Catalog is that it's written by millennials for millennials. There is a HUGE variety of posts so everyone is guaranteed to find something they like. There are often great motivational posts, too. 


Do you have a favorite site/blog that is targeted towards millennial women?

4 comments

  1. Great suggestions! I will have to check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good - I'll have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of a lot of these blogs. i can't wait to check them out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, so pleased you're finding The Workher helpful!! Thanks so much for spreading the word :)
    I love your site!! x Laura

    ReplyDelete