Monday, May 4, 2015

Inspiration Monday: Today is a New Day

Often times we find ourselves making mistakes that we immediately regret (or eventually will) and it's hard to get past that moment. You may find yourself embarrassed, angry, disappointed, sad, confused, etc.; the list goes on. The thing is, everyone makes mistakes and the sooner you accept that you are not perfect, the sooner you will be able to pick yourself up again.

It's for your own benefit if you develop a mentality in which each day is a fresh start, a new beginning. Surely you've heard this before and you've probably tested it out yourself a couple times, but has it ever really stuck? It's difficult to keep a positive mindset on a daily basis, but if you manage to start off your day on a bright note, it can certainly make all the difference.


I was inspired to write this post because it was something that occurred to me this morning as I was leaving my house to head to work. I made a mistake last night, a mistake that is frequently made, despite my efforts to change time and again. So, I had two options. I could either spend the day angry and disappointed, amongst other bad emotions, or I could look at the beautiful day ahead of me and accept that it was a new day and I could start over, leaving those negative thoughts behind.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed or made better, but when we're lucky enough to have the opportunity to change our ways and make sure those mistakes do not happen again, you have to strive for that. Do not dwell on the past. Think of today, and every day, as a new chapter in your book.


"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
-Will Rogers

2 comments