Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What's your personality type?

I've been taking personality type quizzes/tests my whole life (well, since the internet became popular.) 99% of the time I always got the INFP personality (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting.) Here is a little snippet to sum up this personality type:

"INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4.5% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for this personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, they’ll truly feel at home."

Truthfully, I think I've had this personality type since a child and it's pretty much stuck. Recently, however, I took another personality type test for the first time in months (months in which I've gone through a complete transformation) and was surprised that this time I got the ISFP personality. What changed was now instead of Intuitive, I was getting Observant. It was almost a tie, with Observant winning by just 8%. I took the test a second time, changing my answers a bit (trying to really answer as truthfully as possible) and again, I got the ISFP personality type. Here's the quick summary of this personality type:

"ISFP personality types are true artists. This doesn’t necessarily apply in the typical sense, in which they are out painting happy little trees, though often enough they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it’s that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. ISFPs enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they’ve expressed more than once the phrase “Don’t box me in!” ISFPs live in a colorful, sensual world, inspired by connections with people and ideas. But rather than take things as they are, ISFPs take joy in reinterpreting these connections, reinventing and experimenting with both themselves and with new perspectives – no other type explores and experiments with these ideas more. This process leads to an air of spontaneity, making ISFPs often seem unpredictable, even to their close friends and loved ones."

I find it so fascinating that even in the slightest bit, my first year as a post-grad has changed my personality type. Maybe some of you may think this is silly, but it's still interesting to ponder over. Certainly we are not restrained to having the same personality as we grow up and change the type of people we are. Hell, you may even find yourself going through a dozen personality changes! That might get a little chaotic, though.

If you want to find you what your personality type is, I recommend using this site. It's a really quick test and afterwards you're given a lot of information about your type. They also have this article that answers whether it's possible for your personality type to change (in short, they basically say no. I do not agree, neither do people who wrote in the comment area.)

Do you think your personality type can change, especially as you grow older and experience more in life?

No comments

Post a Comment