Thursday, November 20, 2014

Life Slumps

I've not only been in a blogging slump for the past week or so, but I've found myself in quite a "life slump" as well. I'm definitely not making things better by having started a new show (finally hopping on the Game of Thrones bandwagon) and playing the Sims again. My life lately has been a mix of: job applications, GoT watching, Sims playing and some babysitting on the side. I feel like I haven't done anything that's truly "productive" and that sucks. As I've mentioned before, when you're unemployed it's very easy to fall into these "slumps" and suddenly catch yourself with zero motivation to do anything close to productive. I think it also has to do with the weather getting colder and the days getting shorter. I'm not complaining about my current life situation, because I do have a lot of good things going on and I've always done my best to be grateful for what I do have in life. I do wish, however, that I had something keeping me busy. Something making my mind excited and whirling with ideas and thoughts. A lot of the times I've found that my blog helps keep my creative juices flowing, but even In-Between Life has not been able to keep me on my toes.

The thing is, I know this is just a slump. It's not forever and eventually I will snap out of it once more. It happens to everyone. Sometimes it happens more often during certain periods of your life. The best thing you can do is remind yourself that it's just temporary. Whether good or bad, most things are temporary.

I have this feeling that my slump is almost over. I can feel my creative side just itching to get out. So until then, I'll leave you with this message:


3 comments

  1. Ah, I feel this so much right now. I'm still in school, but I'm at that point in the semester where I feel like I can't do anything else. And on top of school and work, I feel like I have no free time. I just want to sleep for a week! Hopefully things start looking up for you, and good luck on the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just back from a really great mini vacation with my family and now I've diagnosed myself as having Post-Travel Stress Disorder (I may have made that up, as well). It's hard coming back a great time with your family who are all successful (my younger brother just got married) back to working at a stupid serving job. I'm back in that life slump.


    I can't wait to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! I fall into slumps too, I'm just sitting on the couch watching Hulu, filling out job applications, and falling behind on NaNoWriMo!! I keep feeling like I'm being so useless and it's bringing me down :/

    ReplyDelete