Friday, April 4, 2014

A bit of this and that

I haven't had much time to write any new posts this week (although I have a zillion posts planned - including a review of my new Roku and a guide on picking your first credit card!) I've just been so busy. It's hard trying to balance life. I always say there are not enough hours in the day, but maybe I just haven't learned to manage my time wisely yet. It has also been really difficult to find a time and place to actually do my writing. I need my own "office" here at home in which 1. I don't have any distractions and 2. I actually have space for my things. One of the parts of living back home that really kind of sucks is that I have no space. My clothes are all over the place, my files & papers are here and there, etc. Don't get me wrong - I'm so grateful that I even have a place to live (for free) and I have my own room, but my lack of space and privacy gets frustrating at times. So, I FINALLY convinced my parents to let me turn part of the guest room into my very own office!

That's partially why I've been so busy this week. I love planning and prepping new projects, and this is a big one. I'm repainting the room, rearranging everything, buying new furniture, the whole nine yards. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I will have my "office" all set up and ready to be used. Then, I can start writing some quality posts ;).

Some snaps from my exhausting week:

R2

I fell last Friday (no surprise there, really) and now I have a bruise kind of shaped like Africa? So many pretty colors. -____-

R3

Is Spring finally here?! A field of purple flowers... next to a pile of dead leaves.

R4

Room planning. Look at my tiny desk/office space. But hey, it beats having nothing :)

R5



And finally, some words to leave you with, from someone I have been admiring for awhile now:

"It is what it is. If things could be different, they would be. Trust that you are doing the best you can right now. Keep breathing. Keep moving forward. Keep dancing. There is beauty in this space of in between, too."

R1

If you have Instagram, follow Rachel. She's full of light, a truly positive person and she posts pretty cool yoga poses, too!

No comments

Post a Comment