Saturday, April 26, 2014

Liebster Award!

I was nominated for the infamous (at least amongst us bloggers) Liebster Award by Alisia who blogs over at Boarding Together. The Liebster Award is an award that is passed along from blogger to blogger and the purpose is to help out those bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Now, I have several social media outlets for my blog and all together I think I have over 500 followers, but my blog itself is pretty new so I think I still qualify for this award. Frankly, I'm flattered that someone even recognized my blog and decided to nominate me! My blog is growing more each day (at a slower pace than I wish for, but Rome wasn't built in a day...) and it excites me when I get some recognition, especially from other fellow bloggers.


The Liebster Award Rules

1.) You must link back to the person who nominated you
2.) You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.) You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4.) You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5.) You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees

Here are the questions I was given:


1. What is the reason you started your blog?
I've always wanted to start a blog. For years now, actually. I just never really took the initiative. Finally, once the new year started, something in me just realized it was time. Time to start my adventure as a blogger. I have two main reasons for this blog: the first is because I'm an aspiring writer and I want to put myself out there in order to start my career and achieve my dream. The second is because I faced so many challenges post-graduating, and saw that my friends were struggling as well, I wanted to create a place where other post-grads could come to and seek advice or at least know that they are not alone. We are all faced with difficult choices and paths. 

2. What is your favorite season and why?
Normally it's a tie between summer and fall, but I'm going to have to go with summer (could be due to the harsh winter we just got bombarded with.) There's just something about summer, it holds so much magic. Summer nights are my favorite. Hearing the June bugs and the crickets, the warm breeze, the occasional summer thunder storm. I just love the weather, I live for it. Also, the beach is one of my favorite places in the world.

3. Who is one person you are most thankful for?
I truly can't decide. I'm thankful for a lot of people in my life. My parents to start with. My best friends. My close friends. My cats (can they count as people?) Each person has something special that I am thankful for. I've been blessed to have great people in my life. They are not perfect, but neither am I, and the fact that many have accepted me with all my flaws and quirks makes me very thankful.

4. If your life was a movie, what movie would it be?
Damn. My life would be a mix of so many genres. It'd be a little bit of a romantic comedy (except I don't get the guy in the end...) It would be one of those indie dramas about life and other indie type of things. It might even kind of be like Garden State. Truthfully, I wish my life was more like a Nicholas Spark movie (yes, I'm a hopeless romantic.)

5. Would your 8 year old self be proud of where you are in life?
I think about this type of stuff all the time. What would it be like if the person you are now met your 7 year old self, your 13 year old self, your 16 year old self? What kind of conversations would you have with each other? What would you even say? At 8 years old, I don't really think I had any clue what my future had in store for me. I wasn't really thinking about stuff like that. I think my 13 year old self (and up) would be proud of me. Definitely proud.

6. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
I guess Friday. It's still a work day, but it's usually pay day for me so that's exciting. It's also nice to know I get to sleep in the next day and I have an entire day ahead of me to do things (which I normally don't do.) And it's nice to know that I can stay up late the next day as well, because I can sleep in on Sunday, too!

7. Are you more of a texter or more of a caller?
Texter. I only have one friend who I talk to on the phone regularly (Hiz, Krista.) Even with texting, sometimes I'm really bad at responding. I read texts and usually immediately know what I'm going to say back, but I don't do it right away for whatever reason, and then I forget until hours later. I'm shamefully a horrible texter. But a lot of my friends are the same way (and then I get furious with them, such a hypocrite.)

8. Describe your perfect day. 
I'm going to describe a past perfect day, which I know someday will be repeated again, hopefully sooner rather than later. This perfect day involved going to the beach with my parents, and getting a Dunkin iced coffee, of course. I got to relax on the beach, but also looked forward to spending time with a special someone later that night. There's just something about being out and enjoying yourself with other people you love, but also looking forward to seeing someone else you really love later on and getting to spend time with them, too.

9. What are 3 things you couldn't live without?
My pets, my parents and the internet...

10. To date, link your favorite blog post you have written. 
It Takes Time.


Yay! That was fun. I love answering questions like this. Now it's time for me to nominate some bloggers and give them questions to answer...

I nominate:
Kelsey @ Kelsey Exposed
Katherine @ Kolouring

That's all I could come up with for now, since the Liebster award has been really popular amongst the blogging community lately!

My ten questions are:
1. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be and what would you do?
2. What is your first childhood memory you remember most vividly?
3. What is the one thing that can always cheer you up, even if only just a little bit?
4. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
5. What is your “spirit animal” and why?
6. What is your favorite comfort food?
7. What was the last vacation you were on and what did you enjoy most about it?
8. What are the top 3 qualities you look for in a friend?
9. If a zombie apocalypse were to occur, what is the first thing you would do?
10. What do you like most about blogging?

Please comment with the link to your post with your answers to the questions because I would love to read them! Thanks & happy blogging :)

1 comment

  1. I love your answers. I'm so glad to have nominated you because I learned of really cool things about you.

    ReplyDelete