Friday, June 13, 2014

Guest Post: Advice to My College Self

Hi! I'm Pam and I blog over at Hodge Podge Moments. I'd love for you to stop by and say hi sometime, but until then, I've got a guest post for you to enjoy. With all of the graduations going on this time of year, I've been doing some thinking about what I wish I'd known when I graduated college. While the list could go on and on, I've narrowed it down to a top 5 list. You ready to see what made the list?



1. Enjoy college while you can. It's the last four years before you truly face the "real world."

2. You probably won't get your dream job right out of college. That's O-K. You'll learn a lot about yourself and life in your less-than-perfect jobs.

3. People never really change. Remember that drama that you thought would end in high school and it didn't? Well, don't expect it to end in the real world either.

4. Learn to say "no." If you don't, you're eventually going to overbook yourself and create more stress than you really need.

5. Life isn't easy. Stay focused on the happy moments and don't let the bad ones weigh you down. Don't worry so much - everything eventually works out!

What would you say to your college self?

 

No comments

Post a Comment