Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It doesn't get easier, but that doesn't mean you give up.

I’m writing this because I was told by a special friend that I need to write. I need to be able to express myself and let out all of the negative feelings that have been clouding my mind. If only it were as simple as that, right? Just by writing down what we feel, doesn’t necessarily mean those awful feelings are going to magically disappear. But I guess in a way it does help, even if it’s the teeniest bit.

I usually post inspirational things on here and I like to send positive vibes to people, to help others focus on the good in their life and work towards achieving their dreams and true potential. But I know. I know it’s not as easy as it sounds. You can hear it from a million people, in a million different ways, but that rarely ever helps change how you are feeling. Truth is, only you have the power to really change your attitude, and that is one of the toughest things we must face day in and day out.

I have been having a rough couple of days, which I rather not get into. All I know is these events in my life have turned me from being a positive person with a positive outlook on the future, to back into that hole of despair I love so much (sarcasm, obviously.) It’s hard to get out of it. I’m not going to say it gets easier, because frankly, sometimes it gets even harder. Not all of us are given a lucky hand at life. Some of us get the bigger straw, some of us are stuck with the straw no body wants. It is what it is. You just have to make the best of it.

The power that words hold is a funny thing. Sometimes you can pour your heart out to someone, and it doesn’t make a bit of a different. Other times you can utter a few words, and it changes everything. Maybe the words I’m writing now can help someone out and then maybe it could also just be a bunch of babbling bullshit to you. Words are everything, and nothing at the same time. 

While this post is certainly being labeled as a rant, what I do want to get across to people is that despite what may happen to you in life, don’t let yourself get stuck in those negative feelings. Don’t let it consume you. You are worth so much more than that. No matter what has happened, no matter what obstacles have been thrown your way. You have to overcome it, and you can. These may just be words to you now, but I hope one day when you need them the most, you’ll remember them. 

I may not be in the best state of mind right now, but I know that eventually I can pick up the pieces and get back on track. I’ve done it before many times, and I will continue to do so. I’m not going to lie and say it gets easier, because it doesn’t. But that doesn’t mean you just give up. Never give up.

And next time you run into a stranger or have some sort of interaction with them, smile at them. Give them a compliment. Tell them you hope they have a great day. You never know how much that one kind gesture may mean to someone. We never know what people are going through just by looking at them. 


P.S. I promise eventually my posts will be more positive and focused on certain topics. I’m just working on myself right now, so please bare with me for the time being.



Sending positive vibes to each and every one of you.



No comments

Post a Comment