Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Favorite Breakfast Smoothie

When I say this is my favorite breakfast smoothie, I mean that it's been my favorite breakfast smoothie for a couple weeks now. When it comes to smoothies and juices, I definitely go through phases. But that's the fun part! I love discovering new combinations and recipes. Sometimes it's a hit or miss. You have to make sure you have the right amount of each thing, or else it can throw the flavors and consistency off balance. Smoothie/juice making is an art. And I suck at art.

But anyway, here is one of my favorite smoothies.


Ingredients:
  • One banana (the sweeter you want it, the riper the banana should be)
  • 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (more or less, up to you)
  • 1 cup of frozen blueberries (more or less, up to you)
  • Ginger (about a teaspoon, don't go overboard—this is a very strong flavor)

There really aren't any steps to this smoothie recipe (which is one of the reasons I love it.) The only ingredient you have to prep is the ginger. I used a regular potato peeler to shave off a few slices of ginger root. My banana was super, SUPER ripe, so it kind of messed up the usual taste of this smoothie and made it sweeter than I would have liked. Basically, just play around with the ingredients until you get the perfect mix according to your taste buds ;)

Some benefits of the ingredients:
  • Blueberries are great antioxidants! If you can use fresh ones even better, but frozen berries help give your smoothie that ice cold factor.
  • Ginger is great for energizing, so this makes an awesome addition to any breakfast smoothie or juice.
  • Almond milk, especially the unsweetened kind, is definitely better to use than regular milk. 

What are some of your favorite smoothie combinations?

No comments

Post a Comment