Friday, May 2, 2014

Liebster Award #2: Get to know more about me!

I have been awarded with yet another Liebster award (yay!) by the lovely blogger Kristina. Since I already nominated bloggers the first time around, this time I'm just going to answer the questions Kristina provided me with. I figure it's a good way for you guys to get to know me better!

1. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog towards the end of January, but didn't really start getting into the groove of things until the end of February/beginning of March. After I finally made my blog known to the public (on my birthday, March 7th) I got such positive feedback that it made me want to get even more into blogging and writing. Basically, I've been blogging for about 3 months now.

2. Why did you start a blog?
I've always wanted a blog, just ask my friends. I raved on and on about it for a couple years. My excuse was I didn't know what I wanted to name my blog (and I'm a firm believer in branding yourself with a good name.) Now, I don't know if "In-Between Life" is the best name out there, but it came to me one day when I was thinking about how my life is right now. I feel like I'm stuck "in-between" stages in my life, and just trying to figure out how it all works. I started this blog in an effort to reach out to other post-grads (or anyone, really) who may be experiencing what I am. It's also a way for me to pursue my writing career.

3. What's your favorite place to shop?
My favorite thrift store, Unique! Especially on Mondays and Thursdays when they have 25% off. I also love Plato's Closet (a consignment shop.) Thrift shopper till I die. Or win the lottery.

4. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Right now I have an itchin' to visit the Pacific Northwest. Maybe visit Seattle or Portland, but what I really want to see are the forests and the coast side there. It looks absolutely breath taking and peaceful in the photos I have seen.

5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reese's peanut butter cups. 

6. What is your biggest goal in life?
Honestly, just to be happy and at peace with myself. 

7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Okay, the ultimate one, as many people already know, is Leonardo DiCaprio. Forever <3

8. What's your dream job?
Either a blogger (and actually make a living off it) or an author.

9. City or Country lover?
I enjoy the occasional trip to the city, but when it comes down to it I'm a Country girl. I like nature, I like openness, I don't like crowds, I like peacefulness. But, one item I do have on my bucket list is to live in the city for at least a year, just to get the experience of it. 

10. What's your favorite meal of the day? (Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?)
This is a tough one because I love food. Also, I don't really have normal meal times (or even three meals a day, it varies.) I guess I'd go with breakfast, simply because I like starting off my day with a cup of coffee and toast or whatever, and getting some time to myself before the chaos begins.

11. Who is your greatest influence and why?
My greatest influence thus far in life is actually another blogger. Her name is Caitlin Boyle and she blogs over at Healthy Tipping Point. Her blog was one of the first I started actively reading and one of the reasons I wanted to start my own blog so badly. I also admire what she does. She started a program called "Operation Beautiful" that's meant to show girls and women alike that they are beautiful, no matter what. I also discovered Girls on the Run (a self-esteem and running program for young girls) through her and ended up volunteering for my own town's chapter, which was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. 

And to leave you with some pictures...

(Yoga challenge is going great... *sarcasm*)

My baby girl Leyla Binx.

No comments

Post a Comment