Thursday, May 8, 2014

Inspiring TED talks for all you twenty-somethings

I love TED talks. They have TED talks for just about everything and anything. The majority of TED talks I have actually spent watching have always left me with an important message to ponder over. I stumbled upon these three TED talks recently and felt that the messages these presenters have can really be of some inspiration to all you new grads, post-grads, twenty-somethings—anyone, really. The first one comes from one of the survivors of the plane that crashed on the Hudson River a few years ago, and what he learned from that life and death experience. The second presenter talks about how to put time in perspective and how essential it is for us to learn to balance the different "types" of time perspectives in order to lead happier lives. The last guy is kind of all over the place (he owns a wine company, maybe he indulged a bit before his talk?) but I think his overall message of passion, patience and ultimately doing what you love is something I firmly believe in. All the videos are under 15 minutes long (I usually can't watch anything for longer than that...) so give them a listen!




Summed up: You don't have forever. Do what you want before it's too late.




Summed up: Put your time on Earth into perspective. Learn to balance your time and don't focus so much on just the past, present or future. Balance is key.




Summed up: Do what you love, no excuses!!! Hustle in order to get your dreams come true. We live in an age where the internet can easily make those dreams come true (example A: me starting a blog to pursue my dream as a writer!)
*At the end he says to "stop watching Lost" so you actually have time to put into what you're passionate about, and let me tell you—since starting this blog, I have stopped watching all my favorite shows. I rarely watch t.v. anymore. I just don't have time for it. And I'm okay with that. Because the free time I do have, I spend it working on my blog/networking. Sometimes we have to sacrifice certain things in order to put in the time that's necessary to pursue your dreams and goals.



And to leave you with an inspiring quote from one of my favorite comedians:

"You’ll be fine. You’re 25. Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it. Take a breath. You’ll be okay. Even if you don’t feel okay all the time."
― Louis C.K.

No comments

Post a Comment