Friday, May 16, 2014

What the hell do you do when you can't get out of your "blah" mood?

If I had to choose a word to describe this week it would most certainly be "blah." It's just been so blah. So, so, so blah. And I don't know why. I can't figure out why I've felt so "blah" this week, because I have so much to be grateful for and happy about—and lots to look forward to. And yet, I'm blah. I am so blah. I want to just shake this blah right the hell off me, right now.

Now, as usual, I can keep on blaming the weather. The weather around here has been dreadfully dreary. I'm one of those people whose mood relies on the weather about 75% of the time. It sucks, but what can ya do. I could also blame this blah mood on my weird sleep schedule lately (or more so lack of a sleep schedule.) How well-rested you are obviously affects how the rest of your day plays out. So of course I'm going to be Bitchy McWhiney if I'm running on four hours of sleep. But that's still not excuse enough.

Part of being in a blah mood usually also indicates that you will have Z E R O motivation to do anything, especially things that can help you get out of that blah mood. Such as exercise. I thought about going for a run yesterday after work, because I knew it would help me, but the second I got home and saw my bed that idea went out the window. I've also given up on yoga for the time being. It has taken me days to do the whole laundry process. One day to actually haul my giant load down to the basement. Another day to actually put the clothes in and out of the washer and dryer. One more day to bring it back upstairs in the hamper. And I'm still waiting for that moment I will finally fold and put all the clothes away. I am seriously sucking at life right now.

I tried taking a step back from the internet, blogging and just social media in general. I made some progress on the book I'm reading, because usually when I immerse myself in a book it's like I'm in a whole new world and once I'm finished I'm a whole new woman. But even that has been a struggle. For heaven's sake, I can't even read a book for more than 5 minutes without looking up at the wall and sighing.

So WHAT is this beef I have lately with life?! I don't know. I couldn't tell you. I've tried figuring it out so I can fix it, because I want to be Positive Polly at all times. I do have my moments of sudden energy, excitement or perkiness, but soon enough the blah clouds come in and start raining on my parade. I really just want to blame it on the weather.

My point of this whole rant (besides it being another attempt to get out of this rut I'm in) is that sometimes we just have those blah moments in life. They can carry on for an entire week. Or maybe even a month (oh my god please no.) But, that's just how it goes. Sometimes you can pin point why you're feeling that way, and sometimes you just can't. Sometimes it's one specific thing, and sometimes it's literally everything. You can try your very hardest to get yourself out of that stinky awful mood, but sometimes all you can really do is just ride it out. The one thing you absolutely must do, however, is keep telling yourself that it is only temporary. These blah moments don't last forever. As long as you keep working on making things better and looking on the bright side as often as possible, you will find yourself in a better place.

If you're currently facing the blah monsters such as myself, let's just ride them out together while simultaneously punching them in the face.

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS blah-less weekend!


No comments

Post a Comment