Saturday, May 24, 2014

Guest Post: Be a Warrior Queen.

Hello! My name is Raewyn and I blog over at Be a Warrior Queen!
 Bloglovin' // Twitter // Facebook // Etsy // Pinterest // Instagram

 I'm one of those people that can be loud and in your face, but in the most loveable way ever. I try my best to always be happy and find the positive. My blog is one part being positive and another part starting a movement. I want to start a magazine to empower young women and girls to be themselves unashamedly.  I have a pick up truck named Chuck the Truck; my favorite clothes are 1950s inspired and I drink tea like it's going out of business. I just married my best friend of ten years and couldn't be happier! I would love if you'd stop by my blog and we could become the best of friends!


Today, I want to introduce you to the purpose behind my blog: changing the world. I know I have lofty goals. 

I've always been the outspoken, strong girl. I try my best to stay in touch with my feelings and I speak up if I don't like something. I've been described as assertive (somehow never crossing the line into aggressive) and intimidating because of my passion.

At any rate, I appeared to be the minority in high school. Everyone seemed to look up to me for being myself, though. It made me realize - why can't we all be ourselves?

Which, we can. It is totally possible. We just have to be warrior queens. But..

What does it mean to be a warrior queen?




warrior queen, noun;

be the best of you, in all situations. Be strong and don't let people walk all over you, but be strong enough to let your guard down to those that matter. Embrace heartbreak, it will teach you something about yourself. Don't restrict yourself from doing something that YOU want to do. Listen to what others have to say, but make your own decisions. Never regret anything, because you are doing what you want to do. Don't be ashamed to show your emotions or deal with your problems. don't be afraid to fall in love, even multiple times. Do what's best for you, but do it gracefully and never ever intentionally hurt someone. If they don't belong in your life, gracefully show them the door. Change is necessary, don't drag your feet - greet the day. Do everything with poise and grace and never ever let anyone make you feel inferior or bad at something. You are the best of you, if they don't like it tough luck.

This belief and idea quickly blossomed with my love of journalism. Could we, in fact, change the world by starting a magazine? These beliefs and ideas could run alongside those of Seventeen and give girls and women substance. I don't want to take over or change Seventeen (though, if you're a teen girl today, you might want to...they give out negative body images almost constantly). I just want girls and women to see that there are other ways of living.

Embrace your fashion sense (I'm still finding mine) and your love of makeup, but also embrace your love of something "different."



 photo name.jpg

No comments

Post a Comment